All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a free pattern for an insulated Lunch Bag to sew. This delightful cute bag has the following features:
- a hook-and-loop tape front closure.
- a top handle.
- an easy-to-clean vinyl lining.
- a special insulating batting is inserted between the lining and exterior layers to help keep the bag’s contents at the appropriate temperature.
- An optional shoulder strap for those of us who already have plenty to carry in the morning.
As the designer says lunch bags are the perfect motivation for you and your family to pack healthy meals and snacks, for school or work. You can be creative and customize the exterior with a bold print for the kids. As a personal touch, the designer also suggests that you add an embellishment to the top flap, such as an embroidered initial or an iron-on patch.
What you need to make this Insulated Lunch Bag
- 1/2 yard of exterior fabric,
- 1/2 yard of lining fabric,
- 1/4 yard of medium-weight fusible interfacing,
- One package of vinyl fuse,
- 1/2 yard of Insul-Bright polyester fabric (referred in the instructions as insulation),
- Two swivel hooks for the shoulder strap (optional),
- Two 3/4-inch-wide D-rings for the shoulder strap (optional),
- One 2 1/4-inch-long strip of 3/4-inch-wide hook-and-loop tape,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the purple button below.
Click here for the pattern
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
We think you'll like these patterns for storage and organizers to sew
We know our readers just love to sew storage and organizer projects so we've got lots of them. We've handpicked some of our favorites to feature in our pattern store. These are some of the most popular that are readers are sewing now!