Harriet Expandable Tote Bag Pattern
Here we bring you another fab-tastic purse sewing pattern from our favorite designer, Swoon patterns. Introducing the Harriet Expandable Tote Bag pattern.
Carry your day-to-day items inside this adaptable mid-sized tote bag. Harriet features two side zippers which quickly converts her from a rounded everyday purse to a spacious tote bag. Her top closure flap keeps your belongings secure, while a zippered pocket offers added storage for your cell phone or other frequently used accessories.
When finished the Harriet Expandable Tote bag is 12.5″ wide by 10″ tall by 4.5″ deep. Harriet is aimed at the intermediate sewer who is already somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
As always, with Swoon patterns you can expect them to be beautifully crafted, fit together perfectly. come with excellent instructions and with the full support of the Facebook chat group.
What you will need to make the Harriet Expandable Tote Bag:-
- 1/2 yard 44” wide quilting weight exterior fabric
- 1/3 yard (or fat quarter) 44” wide woven or vinyl contrasting fabric
- 3/4 yard 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric
- 1/8 yard fusible stiff stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F)
- 1/2 yard fusible fleece interfacing (Pellon Thermolam TP971F)
- 3 1/2 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
- Four 1” rectangle rings
- Three 7” all-purpose zippers
- One thin magnetic snap
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabri-tac) (optional)
- Fabric clips (Wonder Clips) (optional)
- Coordinating thread
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.