The Hampton Handbag pattern makes a chic, sophisticated bag with a timeless appeal.
The Hampton Handbag has the following features:
- The front, back and side panels are sewn together to add structural integrity and creative versatility
- There is an oval shaped “bucket” style bottom
- Two inside pockets including one with a zipper closure
- Optional coordinating handle or simply add a purse chain instead
- Optional purse feet
- Optional decorative metal label or designer tag
This pattern is intended for intermediate bag makers with experience working on a variety of materials. When finished the Hampton Handbag will measure approximately 10 1/2″ wide by 8″ tall (without handle) and 4 1/2″ deep.
The pattern allows you to make a Hampton Handbag with a variety of fabrics including (but not limited to) light-weight quilting cotton, medium-weight upholstery fabric, and speciality products like cork fabric. It’s based around a simple metal purse frame, which gives the bag it’s professional looking styling and finish. If you’ve not used a purse frame in a bag before, this is a great pattern to give it a try.
Click here for the pattern
Get the purse frames here