All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Hampton Handbag pattern makes a chic, sophisticated bag with a timeless appeal.
The Hampton Handbag has the following features:
- The front, back and side panels are sewn together to add structural integrity and creative versatility
- There is an oval shaped “bucket” style bottom
- Two inside pockets including one with a zipper closure
- Optional coordinating handle or simply add a purse chain instead
- Optional purse feet
- Optional decorative metal label or designer tag
This pattern is intended for intermediate bag makers with experience working on a variety of materials. When finished the Hampton Handbag will measure approximately 10 1/2″ wide by 8″ tall (without handle) and 4 1/2″ deep.
The pattern allows you to make a Hampton Handbag with a variety of fabrics including (but not limited to) light-weight quilting cotton, medium-weight upholstery fabric, and speciality products like cork fabric. It’s based around a simple metal purse frame, which gives the bag it’s professional looking styling and finish. If you’ve not used a purse frame in a bag before, this is a great pattern to give it a try.
Click here for the pattern
Get the purse frames here
This one wasn't quite right for you? What about these instead?
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a sample selection you might like. Check them all out in our shop.