Fleetwood Tote Bag sewing pattern
This is the Fleetwood Tote Bag pdf sewing pattern from the designer Center Street Quilts.
The Fleetwood Tote Bag has some excellent features as follows:
- A top zippered closure,
- Pockets inside and out (one zippered pocket on the outside and slip pockets on the outside and inside),
- Beautifully finished (bound) edges
- a quilted finish for strength and style.
We love how the straight cut binding around the top of the bag can be used as a feature (it looks amazing with stripes) or use the same fabric to have it blend in and disappear.
When you have finished making your very own Fleetwood Tote Bag it will measure approximately 12″ wide at the bottom, 16″ wide at the top, 13″ tall, and 5″ deep.
Although none of the steps are particularly difficult, the pattern is quite involved and is geared toward the intermediate or advanced sewer.
What’s needed to make a Fleetwood Tote Bag:
- 1 yard of main fabric,
- 1 yard of accent fabric,
- 1 yard of lining fabric,
- A 36″ by 36″ piece of foam stabilizer or batting. A foam stabilizer (such as Soft and Stable or Pellon Flex Foam) will provide more structure and a sturdier shape than Batting. Batting will create a tote with a looser structure, less bulk, and easier to fold for storage,
- 1½ yards of lightweight fusible interfacing such as Pellon SF101 (of 20″ wide stabilizer),
- One 20″ or longer handbag zipper (size #4.5 or #5),
- One 10″ or longer zipper,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The pdf pattern:
The twenty-three page pattern includes full color, step-by-step graphics walking you through every step of creating your own Fleetwood Tote Bag.
If you would like to download the pdf pattern you can click on the blue button below.