All posts may contain affiliate links.
Looking for the perfect sewing basket? Make your own to fit your stitching needs. Great for Applique, English Paper piecing, handwork or for taking to a quilting class or sewing bee. The pattern includes 2 sizes, a large for almost everything you’ll need, and a small one project travel size. They could also be used for other things – such as knitting, quilting, beading, cosmetics, toys and other hobby supplies.
Simple enough to make a few! Design pockets for tools you have and things you want to carry. This is a paper pattern for making your own basket.
This is an intermediate level sewing pattern.
When you have finished making this Fabric Sewing Baskets they will measure approximately:-
- Large = 9 1/2″ by 5″ by 6″
- Small = 8 1/2″ by 5 by 3 3/4″
What you will need to make a Fabric Sewing Basket:-
- 3/4 yard fabric for outside,
- 3/4 yard fabric for the inside lining,
- 1/2 yard Soft and Stable by Annie, or an alternative such as headliner foam, or FlexFoam,
- scraps of cotton batting or fleece,
- 3 yards 7/8″ ribbon to use as a seam binding for inside the box,
- a few pretty buttons for decoration,
- One 22″ purse zipper for the large bag, and one 18″ purse zipper for the small bag,
- 1 piece of plastic canvas for the base,
- thin elastic hair bands for thread holders (2 per bag),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
You will receive a pattern for rotary cutting, with detailed instructions and illustrations.
Get the pattern here
More storage and organizers to sew
Want even more ideas for projects to sew for storage and organizers? We love to sew bags that help to keep things neat and tidy. Check out a few recent storage ideas to sew from our store.