All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a really great looking two-tone tote bag that is perfect for the beginner sewist. And what’s even better is you get the pattern and a tutorial for this medium-large bag completely FREE.
This Tote Bag has the following features:-
- Burlap fabric which adds a rustic touch,
- Wide and comfortable to wear handles,
- Clean and simple lines,
- Extra body by adding some padding,
- A sturdy bottom, as extra fabric was added in when the bag was boxed, on both the exterior fabric and the lining.
What you will need to make this Tote bag:-
- 1/2 yard of burlap fabric,
- 1 yard of upper and lining quilting cotton fabric,
- 1–2 yards of ribbon,
- Two small tassels,
- Iron-on interfacing or wadding,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern and tutorial
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns
for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
Sew more tote bags and you'll be happier - we promise 😉
When you just need to sew and don't want to get into a really complicated project, you can't beat a classic sewing pattern for a tote bag. We've got 50 of our favorite tote bag patterns hand-picked for you in the store. Go to the shop page to find them all saved by category.