All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is the Dishy Children Purse sewing pattern. This sporty little DISHY Purse is just perfect for children. It’s little, but it has enough space to hold everything a child would want to put in a small purse.
This purse has a new original shape with a DISHY personality.
It’s a quick and easy purse to make and you will need very little fabric, just one fat quarter or a long quarter. Use of fusible interfacing or fusible fleece of your choice is optional for this pattern. The designer in her example chose not to use any.
- Outer fabric – cotton, cotton blends, linen, lightweight denim, fleece, corduroy, velvet. You will need 10″ (25.4 cm) of 44″ (110 cm) fabric or one fat quarter.
- Lining – cotton, cotton blends, flannel, satin, velveteen, jersey. You will need 7.5″ (19 cm) of 44″ (110 cm) fabric or one fat quarter.
- Note – one fat quarter is 18″ (45.7 cm) by 22″ (55.9 cm). The same amount is required on 60″ (150 cm) wide fabric. Additional fabric may be needed to match stripes, plaids, or one-way design fabric.
Why not make some of these pretty purses as gifts?
This is a beginner sewer pattern. When you make a DISHY Children Purse of your own it will measure approximately 6 ¼” (15.8 cm) wide and 6 ¾” (16.7 cm) high.
- Step-by-step instructions,
- Full-size pattern pieces,
- The PDF file is printable with both A4 and US LETTER (8.5 by 11 inches) size paper,
- A seam allowance is included in the diagrams,
- No serger is required,
- Measurements are in inches and centimeters,
- Instructions are in English. Diagrams are in four languages (English, French, Spanish, and Italian).
The designer, Puperita, receives excellent customer feedback. Here are just four of her many 5-star reviews:–
- Bella Katella said – Great purse, easy to sew, and made a cute bunny purse for Easter <3
- Nancy said – Adorable little purse. Easy instructions and quick to assemble. I made a few tweaks to such as an adjustable strap and my granddaughter is going to love it!
- Samantha Linda said – Lovely pattern and such great, friendly customer service. Quick to answer all questions and very helpful. I’ll definitely be back for another pattern.
- Silmarie said – So cute!! It was very easy to make. My daughter loves it.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Click here for the pattern
If you want to see more kid’s bags, clothes, and accessories why not click over to our sister site Sew Modern Kids by clicking HERE.
More ideas for purses and handbags to sew
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.