All posts may contain affiliate links.
This purse design features your favourite fabric on the outer front pocket while the front edges and the back are made with medium weight fabric, making this purse very durable. This crossbody bag you will make is perfect for a casual day out or night out, when you don’t want to carry a big heavy bag.
Just put your mobile phone in the front pocket closed with a twist lock and tuck your cash and cards in the pockets inside. It can also be a clutch wallet when folded in half, using two magnetic snap buttons after removing the long strap. When you carry a bigger bag, just put this folded wallet in without needing to move your items to another bag.
There are 3 zippered pockets, one on the outer front (for the foldable option) and another on the outer back and third one inside the bag across from the slip pocket or the card pockets. The bag itself closes with a zipper on the top as well. The interior is fully lined and interfaced for shape and durability. The strap is adjustable and long enough to cross your body.
Small sized purse; about 8″ (20.32cm) wide, 8″ (20.32cm) tall, 29″ – 52” (73.66 – 132cm) long cross body strap
Large sized purse; about 9″ (22.86cm) wide, 10″ (25.4cm) tall, 29″ – 52” (73.66 – 132cm) long cross body strap
- Exterior fabric ½ yard (½ m),
- Interior & Pocket fabric 1 yard (1m),
- Med-Heavy non woven fusible Interfacing,
- Light weight non woven fusible interfacing,
- Medium weight woven fusible interfacing: Pellon SF101 (30x30cm),
- Fusible fleece: about 8” x 8” (20.32x 20.32cm),
- Zippers: 3 of 8” & 1 of 6” (small purse), 3 of 10” & 1 of 6” (large purse),
- 2 of D-Rings,
- 2 of Swivel Snap Hooks,
- a Tri-Slide Ring,
- 2 sets of Magnetic Snaps,
- Twist Lock,
- General sewing supplies
Get the Clutch Purse sewing pattern here