Colorful Fabric Flower Applique Tote Bag FREE sewing tutorial
This is the FREE pdf sewing pattern for the Colorful Fabric Flower Applique Tote Bag from the very talented and generous designer Lauren from Molly and Mama, shared through the therm.o.web site.
This is a lovely project and to top it the whole bag-making process is described by the designer as easy. Sewing this Tote Bag couldn’t be simpler!
To transform this bag from being plain to being outright pretty the designer shows you how to add a sweet floral appliqué. The applique is optional of course, you can simple use the tutorial to create a nice sturdy quilted tote bag and skip the applique if that’s too fiddly for you.
When you make yourself a Colorful Fabric Flower Applique Tote Bag it will measure approximately 14″ by 14″ (not including the handles).
To make a Colorful Fabric Flower Applique Tote Bag you will need the following:-
- 14″ by 11″ rectangle of plain white fabric for the bag front,
- 14″ by 4″ rectangle of print fabric for the bag front base,
- 14″ by 14½″ rectangle of print fabric for the bag back,
- Two 14″ by 14½″ rectangles of print fabric for the bag lining,
- Two 3½″ by 11″ rectangles of print fabric for the bag handles,
- Various sized scraps of coordinating prints for the flower and leaf appliqués,
- 14″ by 28½″ rectangle of Stitch’n’Sew Sew-In Fleece,
- Two 1½″ by 11″ rectangles of Stitch’n’Sew Sew-In Fleece,
- HeatnBond Lite Fusible Adhesive for appliqué shapes,
- Pressing paper,
- Print out of the template,
- Basting adhesive spray,
- Erasable marking pen,
- General sewing supplies, including a rotary cutter, acrylic ruler, and self-healing cutting mat,
- A sewing machine.
The designer asks that you please read through all the instructions before beginning the project. A 1/4″ seam allowance is used. The finish of your project will also benefit from the use of a 1/4″ sewing machine foot and a clear open-mouthed appliqué foot.
If you would like to download the FREE pattern you can click on the purple button below.
Click here for the FREE sewing tutorial
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
More Tote Bags to sew
Everyone needs (a lot) more than one tote bag. They are a staple pattern in every sewing pattern collection and so versatile and adaptable. Check out a few recent tote bag patterns to sew from our store.