All posts may contain affiliate links.
You know how much we love a versatile pattern, and this Easy Street pattern from Chris W Designs checks all of our boxes. This is a super-simple bag to sew, but a versatile pattern that can take you from day to evening, and in several different styles once you have the basic design.
Add different hardware for a different look – two examples are shown here with the oval ring and the v-shaped metal trim, but you could easily change up the shape of the flap to match other hardware options such as a straight or a curved metal trim piece or to use a tuck or twist-lock if you prefer.
Finished clutch size =
Approx. size when closed: 28cm W X 17cm H (11” W X 6 ¾” H) Flat Style.
- Main fabric: 45cm (1/2 Yard) of 112cm (44”) wide fabric
- Lining/contrast fabric: 45cm (1/2 Yard) of 112cm (44”) wide fabric
- Fusible woven interfacing: Pellon Shape-Flex SF101, 122cm (1 1/3 yard)
- Sew Lazy Stiff Stuff – Sew In: 58cm (23”)
- 1 X 28cm (11”) Dress Zipper
- 1 X Oval Handle OR for Option B: 1 X Metal Edge Trim, Style A – Large Pointed
- 1 X Invisible Sew–In Magnetic Snap
- 1 X 14mm or 18mm Thin Magnetic Snap
- 1 X 127cm (50”) Handbag Chain or preferred length (Optional)
- 2 X 12mm (1/2”) D rings (Optional for attaching chain)
- 2 X 6mm (stem) X 8mm (cap) Rivets. (Optional for attaching chain Anchor Straps)
- Double Sided Wonder Tape
Get the clutch bag pattern here
More ideas for purses and handbags to sew
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.