Brookfield Bag – FREE sewing Pattern
May 13, 2019 | All bag patterns, Free bag sewing patterns, Purses | No Comments|
All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a great FREE pattern from a very talented bag pattern designer, Sara at Sew Sweetness. When you make this small bag, called the Brookfield Bag, you will be able to learn and try out several fun bag-making bag techniques, like:
- adding a metal twist lock,
- using piping in a bag,
- making darts,
- and adding elastic pockets.
Now all you have to do is combine your favorite fat quarter of exterior fabric with a coordinating solid to make your this awesome bag.
When finished the bag will measure approximately 11″ by 7″.
What you will need to make the Brookfield Bag:-
- One fat quarter of exterior fabric,
- 1/2 yard of solid fabric,
- 1/2 yard of lining fabric,
- 1 yard of 6/32″ cotton cording,
- 2 yards of Pellon Shape Flex fusible woven interfacing,
- 1/4 yard of By Annie’s Soft and Stable (or automotive headliner fabric or fusible fleece),
- Two metal swivel clips – see our resources page for recommended hardware suppliers,
- One small metal twist lock,
- Two metal D-rings,
- 2/3 yard of 1/4″ knit elastic,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
Get the free Brookfield bag pattern here
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.