All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a great FREE pattern from a very talented bag pattern designer, Sara at Sew Sweetness. When you make this small bag, called the Brookfield Bag, you will be able to learn and try out several fun bag-making bag techniques, like:
- adding a metal twist lock,
- using piping in a bag,
- making darts,
- and adding elastic pockets.
Now all you have to do is combine your favorite fat quarter of exterior fabric with a coordinating solid to make your this awesome bag.
When finished the bag will measure approximately 11″ by 7″.
What you will need to make the Brookfield Bag:-
- One fat quarter of exterior fabric,
- 1/2 yard of solid fabric,
- 1/2 yard of lining fabric,
- 1 yard of 6/32″ cotton cording,
- 2 yards of Pellon Shape Flex fusible woven interfacing,
- 1/4 yard of By Annie’s Soft and Stable (or automotive headliner fabric or fusible fleece),
- Two metal swivel clips – see our resources page for recommended hardware suppliers,
- One small metal twist lock,
- Two metal D-rings,
- 2/3 yard of 1/4″ knit elastic,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
Get the free Brookfield bag pattern here
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
More ideas for purses and handbags to sew
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.