APEXpouch sewing pattern (2 sizes)
This is the APEXpouch pdf sewing pattern from the designer The In Complete Stitch.
The APEXpouch is a versatile pouch pattern that comes in two sizes – small and large. It has two main closure options – the Drawstring APEX and the Zipped APEX that are sized to take a 30 cm or 20 cm closed ended zip.
This lovely pouch has a simple modern look with angled outer pockets that can be secured with a snap and loop closure, a simple snap closure or with a line of stitching.
The large sized APEX comes with options for internal pockets allowing you to choose to add a 20 cm zipped welt pocket and/or a subdivided angled pocket.
The two sizes have the following approximate dimensions:
- Small APEXpouch = 15 cm (6″) tall by 16 cm (6½”) wide at the base by 8 cm (3″) deep at the base. The drawstring option has a finished opening width of about 24 cm (9½”) or takes a 20 cm (8″) closed ended zip.
- Large APEXpouch = 22 cm (8½”) by 23 cm (9″) wide at the base by 11cm (4½”) deep at the base. The drawstring option has a finished opening width of about 34cm (13½”) or takes a 30 cm (12″) closed ended zip.
The designer rates her project as suitable for a beginner/confident beginner sewer. The APEXpouch pattern has lots of options; some straightforward and some a little bit more challenging. The pattern comes with a comprehensive PDF tutorial making it a great entry level bag making project.
What’s needed to make an APEXpouch:
- Outer fabric: Most mid-heavy weight woven fabrics are suitable such as oilskin/waxed canvas, mid – weight canvas, denim. Quantities of fabric vary depending on size, option and colour blocking choices. The small size requires up to 50 cm/0.6 yd of 110 cm/42″ wide outer fabric. The large size requires up to 80 cm (0.9 yd) of 110 cm/42″ wide outer fabric.
- Lining: Medium-lightweight cotton, quilting cotton, linen, mid-light weight canvas. Quantities of fabric vary depending on size, option and colour blocking choices. The small size requires up to 45 cm/0.5 yd of 110 cm/42″ wide lining fabric. The large size requires up to 95 cm (1.1 yd) of 110 cm/42″ wide lining fabric.
- Notions required include (depending on your option choice):
- 20 cm/30 cm closed ended zip (or 22 cm/32 cm length of a continuous zip and zipper pull).
- Optional – two snap fixings.
- Optional Internal Welt Zip – 20 cm closed ended zip (or 23 cm length of a continuous zip and zipper pull).
- Denim needle/needle suitable for your fabric choice
- Basic sewing supplies.
- A sewing machine.
The pdf pattern includes a zipped file that contains the following:
- A detailed, extensive, illustrated step-by-step tutorial.
- A tiled print at home PDF pattern (A4 and letter).
- A0 copyshop pattern.
- A layered PDF projector file.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.