APEXcarry Tote Bag sewing pattern (2 sizes)
This is the APEXcarry Tote Bag pdf sewing pattern that comes in two generous sizes. There’s a standard big tote and an even bigger oversized tote.
The standard tote is a great bag to be used as your general day-to-day tote. The oversized option, however, is a great size to carry everything you need for a big picnic, a trip to the beach, the entire family’s swimming gear, or as a really fab overnight bag for that sneaky weekend away.
This bag has a simple modern aesthetic look with angled outer pockets that can be secured with a snap & loop closure or with a simple line of stitching.
Both bag sizes include tote and hand straps. The APEXcarry can be made as a simple open tote, with or without a magnetic snap closure and/or a side snap & loop closure. If you need a bit of extra security the pattern also provides the option to add a main zipper closure.
Inside the bag, you can use light and simple supplies or add a 20 cm or 25 cm zipped welt pocket and/or a subdivided angled pocket. The tutorial also includes instructions for adding a lanyard strap to secure a set of keys or wallet.
The designer rates her project as suitable for a confident beginner sewer. The pattern has lots of options but comes with a comprehensive PDF tutorial making it a great entry-level bag-making project.
When you have finished making these APEXcarry Totes they will measure approximately:
- Standard Tote Bag = 13½” (34 cm) tall by 13½” (34 cm) wide at the base by 6¾” (17 cm) deep at the base. The main opening width is 20″ (51 cm) and takes a 22″ (55 cm) closed-ended zip.
- Oversized Tote Bag = 15¾” (40 cm) tall by 15¾” (40 cm) wide at the base by 8″ (20 cm) deep at the base. The main opening width is 23½” (60cm) and takes a 26″ (65 cm) closed-ended zip.
What’s needed to make an APEXcarry Tote Bag:
- Outer fabric: Mid – heavyweight stable fabrics. Mid/heavyweight canvas, oilskin/waxed canvas, upholstery fabrics. The Angle Pocket and Side Triangles can be made with a lighter mid-weight fabric without interfacing if desired, such as corduroy, twill, denim, and mid-weight canvases.
- Lining fabric: Mid-lightweight stable fabrics. Cotton, quilting cotton, linen, lightweight cotton canvas.
- Notions required include (depending on your option choice):
- Tote straps (webbing or fabric).
- Hand straps (webbing or fabric).
- A closed-ended zip.
- Optional internal welt zip.
- Optional four snap fixings.
- Optional swivel hook.
- Denim needle/needle suitable for your fabric choice.
The pdf pattern includes the following:
– A detailed, extensive, illustrated step-by-step tutorial,
– A tiled print at home PDF pattern (A4 & letter),
– An A0 copyshop pattern,
– A layered PDF projector file.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.