All posts may contain affiliate links.
Malia is a TOTALLY CUSTOMIZABLE laptop/tablet sleeve for your device. All you have to do is measure your device, put it into the calculation guide provided, and go!
The pattern is simple and features a small front slip pocket great for holding small notes, pens, phone, etc. You can customize by leaving off straps if you’d like to make a simple sleeve… All-in-all she is a great little bag for protecting your device carrying on a short trip, or putting it away in your backpack or bag.
These make great gift ideas too, make one for your guy, for your niece or grandkids, your girlfriends – all in fabrics you know they will love. There’s still time!
The designer says that in order to complete her project the following basic skills are necessary:-
- Basic Stitching and sewing terminology.
- Should have made a couple of simple projects.
What you will need to make a Malia Laptop/Tablet Sleeve cover:-
- 3/4 of a yard of exterior fabric,
- 2 yards of Pellon SF101 lightweight woven fusible interfacing,
- 1 yard of Pellon Flex Foam,
- One magnetic Snap, any size,
- 3 yards of pre-made straps (or add 1/2 yard of fabric and SF101 and make your own),
- Pellon Peltex (small piece),
- 1/2 a yard of lining fabric (quilters cotton recommended),
- 1 yard of Pellon Wonder Under (fusible webbing),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the FREE pattern you can click on the purple button below.
Click here for the pattern
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
We think you'll like these patterns for storage and organizers to sew
We know our readers just love to sew storage and organizer projects so we've got lots of them. We've handpicked some of our favorites to feature in our pattern store. These are some of the most popular that are readers are sewing now!