All posts may contain affiliate links.
SUPERMOON is a big bag suitable for those who prefer to carry it all in one bag. And it’s a beauty of a bag! Whether you need to carry a lot for work, or for the kids, or a baby, or just because you can’t leave home without the kitchen sink, then this purse is for you. No need to just lug around a basic tote bag, this stylish purse can carry everything you need and make you look good doing it too. Lots of panels in this bag where you can mix and match fabrics, mix and match solids with bold prints, and add your own take to the design.
The main features of the Supermoon are:-
- Pleated sides,
- A flat bottom,
- Front pockets,
- Can be easily modified to make a diaper bag,
- Can be made with a flap or zippered for top closure (instructions for both options are given).
This bag which is also perfect for a day trip is aimed at the intermediate/confident beginner sewer, who has the basic skills in sewing and has completed a few simple bags.
The approximate finished size of the Supermoon Bag is 16 inches high by 17 inches wide.
What you will need to make the SUPERMOON bag:-
- ½ yard of 44″ wide quilting weight cotton fabric/canvas/linen/thick cotton (for exterior / main fabric),
- ½ yard of 44″ wide quilting weight cotton fabric/canvas/linen/thick cotton (for contrast /coordinating fabric),
- ¾ yard of 44″ wide medium-weight cotton (for lining),
- 1 yard of medium-weight fusible interfacing,
- ½ yard of fusible fleece interfacing/foam stabilizer/batting,
- One 16″ zipper for the top closure,
- One snap button for the front pocket,
- One 18mm magnetic button (optional),
- Four 1 ½” square-rings for the straps,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
On purchase, you will be able to digitally download where you will receive 28 pages of complete step-by-step tutorials with extra info and 3 pages pattern tiles that need to be assembled. Seam allowances are included in the pattern.
Click here for the Supermoon pattern
See all the patterns for this designer here
This isn't quite what you are looking for? We have links to thousands of bag sewing patterns, tutorials, sewing videos and tips and lots more on our Pinterest account. Come and follow us, and save some of your favorites to your own boards for later.
More ideas for purses and handbags to sew
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.