Abby’s Alley Tote Bag is a super quick and easy project you can make in just a couple of hours. You will be whipping them up by the dozens for yourself and as gifts or to sell. We love the thick chunky rope handles. They always look stylish, are comfortable to use and so quick because you don’t need to sew anything to make them! Pair them with some grommets for a professional looking finish.
This stylish bag has four outside pockets together with four interior pockets to keep you organised. Abby is perfect for the beach with some rope handles or dress her up with a pair of stylish leather handles to go out on the town.
When finished the Abbey Alley Tote Bag is approximately 45.7cm (18″) wide by 31.8cm (12 1/2″) high by 13.5cm (5¼”) deep.
What you will need to make the Abby Alley Tote Bag
- Main fabric: 91cm (1 yd) of 112cm (44”) wide fabric
- Lining fabric: 91cm (1 yd) of 112cm (44”) wide fabric
- Fusible woven interfacing: 390cm (4 1/3 yards) of Pellon Shape-Flex SF101
- Soft & Stable: 51cm (20”) (or substitute with Pellon Flex Foam FF-77 or Headliner Foam)
- Template Plastic: One piece 35.5cm wide by 12cm high (14” wide by 4 ¾” high) (or substitute with Peltex)
- Four Square Metal Grommets:
- Four bag feet. (Optional)
- Two 6mm (Post) by 8mm (cap) Rivets (Optional for Exterior/Interior Pockets)
- Approx. 2m (80”) of 20mm ( ¾”) rope depending on preferred handle length (Or other premade handles)
- Frixion pen
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern