You know how much we love a versatile pattern, and this Easy Street pattern from Chris W Designs checks all of our boxes. This is a super-simple bag to sew, but a versatile pattern that can take you from day to evening, and in several different styles once you have the basic design.
Add different hardware for a different look – two examples are shown here with the oval ring and the v-shaped metal trim, but you could easily change up the shape of the flap to match other hardware options such as a straight or a curved metal trim piece, or to use a tuck or twist lock if you prefer.
Finished clutch size =
Approx. size when closed: 28cm W X 17cm H (11” W X 6 ¾” H) Flat Style.
- Main fabric: 45cm (1/2 Yard) of 112cm (44”) wide fabric
- Lining/contrast fabric: 45cm (1/2 Yard) of 112cm (44”) wide fabric
- Fusible woven interfacing: Pellon Shape-Flex SF101, 122cm (1 1/3 yard)
- Sew Lazy Stiff Stuff – Sew In: 58cm (23”)
- 1 X 28cm (11”) Dress Zipper
- 1 X Oval Handle OR for Option B: 1 X Metal Edge Trim, Style A – Large Pointed
- 1 X Invisible Sew–In Magnetic Snap
- 1 X 14mm or 18mm Thin Magnetic Snap
- 1 X 127cm (50”) Handbag Chain or preferred length (Optional)
- 2 X 12mm (1/2”) D rings (Optional for attaching chain)
- 2 X 6mm (stem) X 8mm (cap) Rivets. (Optional for attaching chain Anchor Straps)
- Double Sided Wonder Tape
Get the clutch bag pattern here