Zip To It Bag sewing pattern
This is a really cute and interesting looking bag. It’s pretty unique with those curved zipper tops giving it a funky, eye-catching design.
The Zip To It bag is made up of three separate compartments.
Each of the two sides has its own zippered pouch with a slip pocket inside each and the center compartment is open but closed with a magnetic flap.
The Zip To It is the perfect little crossbody bag that gives you the opportunity to mix and match your favorite fabrics. In the two examples shown of this lovely bag, you can see that you can add your own personal style to it with two different colored fabrics on the exterior. If you wish, you can of course just use one colored fabric.
This bag is perfect for traveling or for those who just don’t like to carry a huge bag around.
When you have finished making your Zip To It Bag it will measure approximately 10″ by 10″ by 2.25″ at tallest and widest points.
What you will need to make the Zip To It Crossbody Bag:-
- ½ yard Exterior 1(Outside Exterior) and ¾ yard Exterior 2 (Inside Exterior) (44” width). Or use one fabric 1 1/4 yards total. The designer recommends quilting cotton or to omit the extra interfacing for vinyl,
- ¾ yard of 44” wide quilting cotton for the lining fabric,
- 3½ yards of Pellon SF101 or other lightweight woven fusible interfacing, 20” wide,
- One small piece of bag stabilizer Pellon Peltex 71f. The designer says it must be at least 6” by 10”,
- Two 11” or longer standard nylon coil zippers. The designer says a handbag zipper is preferred as it has a wider zipper tape,
- One 7” standard nylon coil zipper,
- Two 1” D-rings or square rings,
- One 1” tri-glide slider (for the adjustable strap),
- Two magnetic snaps (14mm or smaller),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Skill level – confident beginner to intermediate
If you would like to add this pattern to your stash, you can click on the button below. The downloadable pattern includes printable pattern pieces (printable on any standard size paper), a detailed cutting list to help you keep organized, and twenty pages of step-by-step instructions with large color photos to help you through.