All posts may contain affiliate links.
Well with this fabulous FREE Tutorial you don’t just get one FREE tutorial on how to make The Pepper Party Clutch, you actually get FIVE. The designer Cyndi takes you through this quick and easy project that allows you to practice using various types of closures and hardware. These quick envelope style clutches are perfect for last-minute gifts and you can completely change the look by adding different types of hardware and fabrics.
These Clutches are also awesome scrap busters were you’ll be able to use up some of your fat quarters. If you want to add a wrist strap to your clutch, Cyndi has those instructions for all 5 versions in one spot, at the bottom of the post.
What you will need to make The Pepper Party Clutch:-
- One of your leftover favorite fat quarters,
- A piece of fusible fleece or foam stabilizer 9″ by 17 – such as Annie’s Soft and Stable or Pellon flex-foam,
- Small scraps of foam stabilizer or fusible fleece,
- Closure of your choice (magnetic snap, tuck lock, large bar lock, snappy edge clasp) or in lieu of hardware you may use scraps of vinyl or scrap fabric to make a strap closure),
- Fray Check,
- Your preferred glue (we like Fabritac),
- A Frixion pen or another marking pen,
- A Denim needle or microtex needle is most helpful in working with bulky seams,
- Walking foot (optional but so helpful with layers and/or vinyl leather),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
A special tip from the designer is that if you are using vinyl for the exterior of your bag you can opt to omit the fleece/foam. She found that since this is a small clutch, it wasn’t necessary and it will make it easier to sew. If you do omit this you will still need a small piece of stabilizer where you add your closures to reinforce it.
If you wish to add the optional wrist strap then you will need:-
- One ½” D ring,
- One swivel clip,
- One 2″ by 14″ piece of fabric,
- One 2″ by 14″ piece of woven interfacing.
Get the tutorial here
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.