With the Kiley Clutch Bag, you have a lot of flexibility. If you are not sure what you want then Kiley offers it all – she can be a wallet, a clutch, or just a small shoulder bag.
The Kiley Clutch has the following features:
- She can be a wallet, a clutch or a small shoulder bag
- There are six credit card slots behind a snap closed slip pocket that will hold your cash or receipts
- She has two additional slip pockets on the interior
- There is a back zipper pocket that is ideal for coins or other small items
- You can make the flap with all kinds of materials to make Kiley in your style
- Kiley measures 11″ wide by 8″ high and 1 ½” deep with optional detachable shoulder strap
- A quick sew with minimal fabric and hardware requirements
What you will need to make the Kiley Clutch
- One piece of 18″ by 27″ Cork, Vinyl or Leather OR ½ yard of 44″ Quilting Weight or Décor Weight for the main fabric
- ¾ yard of 44″ wide Quilting Weight Cotton for the lining fabric
- ½ yard of Light Interfacing, either Fusible Pellon SF 101 or a woven shaping Interfacing
- ½ yard of Heavy Interfacing, Fusible Décor Bond – Pellon 809 Firm Stabilizer
- NOTE: If you are choosing Cork, Heavy Vinyl or Leather for your Main Fabrics- to reduce bulk it would be ideal to use Light Interfacing on your Main Fabric pieces for the clutch
- ¼ yard of Fusible Fleece – TP971F-Pellon Fleece Thermolam Plus
- One 1″ Trigger Hook
- One 1″ O-Ring or D Ring
- Two ½” D-rings-optional for shoulder strap
- Two ½” Trigger Hooks–optional for shoulder strap
- One Tongue Lock, Twist Lock, Half Moon Magnetic Lock, or Flap Closure Hardware of your choice.
- One set of #20 Kam Snaps– optional
- One 9″ Zipper for the Exterior Back
- Coordinating thread
- Removable Fabric Marker (I recommend a Frixion gel pen as it can be removed by pressing with an iron.)
- Microtex (Sharp) Needle 80/12 –Recommended for topstitching through the thicker parts.
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern