All posts may contain affiliate links.
This designer receives really excellent feedback from her customers and it’s always clear to see why. Her patterns are classic in style, always on-trend, easy to sew, well designed, and beautifully presented. This sewing pattern is her Cora Handbag and it is one of her most popular patterns.
If you follow along with her step by step instructions you’ll be able to create your own beautifully stylish everyday handbag.
The Cora Handbag has the following features:
- A zipper closure,
- Two exterior slip pockets,
- One interior zipper pocket,
- One interior slip pocket.
The designer rates her project as an intermediate difficulty level.
When you have finished making your very own Cora Handbag it will measure approximately 12½” wide by 11″ tall by 4″ deep.
What you will need to make the Cora Handbag:
- ¾ of a yard of fabric for the main exterior of the bag,
- ¾ of a yard of fabric as a contrasting fabric for the exterior bottom and straps,
- ¾ of a yard lining fabric,
- 3 yards of SF 101 interfacing, or other medium weight fusible interfacing of your choice,
- ¾ of a yard of Pellon FF78F1 Flex-Foam (or by Annie’s Soft and Stable),
- One 7″ long metal or nylon zipper,
- One 18″ long metal or nylon zipper,
- One zipper pull (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The designer would like to point out that this is a MEASURE AND CUT PATTERN meaning all pattern pieces are cut using a cutting mat, rotary cutter, and ruler. No templates are needed to make this bag.
Click on the light blue button below if you would like to get the pattern. You will receive twelve pages of clear, easy to follow step by step instructions and color photos to make this bag. No templates are needed, it’s a measure and cut pattern.
Click here to get the pattern
And if you like this pattern the designer Sotak Co has over 25 patterns that you can view by clicking on the red button below.
See all the patterns from this designer here
More ideas for purses and handbags to sew
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.