There’s nothing more satisfying than sewing something that you (or someone else) can actually use every day. Wallets are perfect for that, and they are usually q pretty quick and easy sew, using minimal materials. Many can even be made with your smaller pieces of fabric that might otherwise be wasted – so wallets are both fun and practical to sew.
Here’s a nice one for the Everyday Wallet from the Ruffled Stitch.
The Everyday Wallet pattern comes with two versions. Version 1 features a bow under the clasp and Version 2 features decorative leather/pleather corners. This wallet is versatile and can easily be customized to your liking!
The inside of both versions is the same and includes:
- -Two large pockets for money or checkbooks
- -6 credit card holders with the ability to hold 2-3 cards per slot
- -A large zipper pouch
- -A clear ID slot
- 3/8 yard of each interior and exterior fabric 44″-54″ wide.
- Fabric suggestions: Quilting Cotton (Interior and/or exterior), or Duck, Canvas, or Twill (for exterior only)
- 7″ zipper
- Magnetic Snap
- Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing: 5/8 yard/ 50 cm
- Clear Vinyl Scrap (At-least 5″x3″)
- 1/8 yard leather/ pleather (or a 66″ scrap you may have laying around)
- 1/8 yard Medium weight sew in interfacing (optional)
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
Closed: 7 3/4″ wide x 4″ tall
Open: 7 3/4″ wide x 8″ tall
BUY THE EVERYDAY WALLET PATTERN HERE