The Bookish Tote Bag sewing pattern (2 sizes)
This is the Bookish Tote Bag pdf sewing pattern from the designer Craft Owl Handmade.
The designer describes her Bookish Tote as a classic- just like your favorite book. Featuring waxed canvas, leather accents, interior and exterior pockets, and two convenient sizes. The Bookish Tote is a fun project!
The Bookish Tote Bag features:
- Waxed canvas exterior,
- Exterior pocket with magnetic snap closure,
- Fully lined,
- Roomy interior with slip pocket,
- Swivel clasp hook inside the bag for clipping to keys.
For confident beginners.
- Small Tote = 8″ wide by 11″ high by 5″ deep.
- Large Tote = 9½” wide by 14″ high by 5″ deep.
What’s needed to make a Bookish Tote Bag:
- Small Tote (Large Tote):
- ¾ yard (1 yard) of exterior fabric,
- ⅔ yard (¾ yard) of lining fabric,
- Two 21″ pieces or 1¼ yards (Two 24″ pieces or 1⅓ yards) Leather Handles or Cotton Webbing 1″ wide,
- One 1″ swivel clasp hook (optional),
- One 14 mm magnetic snap (optional),
- Pellon SF101 interfacing 20″ width – (optional – use only if substituting a lighter weight fabric than recommended) – 1¼ yards for exterior or interior only / 2½ yards for both (2 yards for exterior or interior only / 3 yards for both),
- If substituting a lighter weight fabric for exterior or lining, add fusible interfacing to the back of all cut fabric pieces. Pellon SF101 is recommended,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Medium weight waxed canvas for the exterior (8-10 oz), cotton canvas for lining (instructions also included for fabric substitutions).
The pdf pattern:
The sewing pattern includes printable pattern pieces and twenty-three pages of detailed step-by-step instructions with photos for each step.
If you would like to download the pdf pattern you can click on the blue button below.