All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Amethyst Project bag is the cutest mini suitcase, and features ample storage space for any project or hobby – quilting, drawing, hand-sewing, and so much more! The lining features a zippered pouch, mesh zippered pocket, and elastics for holding pens or other items. The bottom of the case has an elastic buckle strap to hold quilt blocks, books, and rulers.
The Amethyst Project Bag pattern is available in both pdf and paper pattern format.
Actual finished size: 14” long x 13” high x 3” deep (plenty of space to hold your 12.5 inch blocks and rulers)
Rating – not a pattern for beginners, and this will be quite an involved project – but oh, so worth it!
- 3/4 yard of Exterior Fabric
- 1 yard of Lining Fabric
- 1/2 yard of foam interfacing/flex foam
- 2 yards of 20” wide Pellon SF-101 Shape Flex fusible woven interfacing
- 1-1/2 yard of Pellon #71 Peltex fusible ultra-firm interfacing
- 40” handbag zipper
- 9” all-purpose/dress zipper
- 14” all-purpose/dress zipper
- 14-1/2” x 5” piece of mesh
- 1/2 yard of 1/4” wide elastic
- 1 yard of 1” wide elastic
- Plastic side-release/parachute buckle
Click here for pattern