All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Amethyst Project bag is the cutest mini suitcase, and features ample storage space for any project or hobby – quilting, drawing, hand-sewing, and so much more!
The lining features a zippered pouch, mesh zippered pocket, and elastics for holding pens or other items.
The bottom of the case has an elastic buckle strap to hold quilt blocks, books, and rulers.
When you finish making your own Amethyst Project Bag it will measure approximately 14″ long by 13″ high by 3″ deep (plenty of space to hold your 12.5-inch blocks and rulers).
The designer points out that this is not a pattern for beginners, and this will be quite an involved project – but oh, so worth it!
What you will need to make an Amethyst Project Bag:-
- 3/4 yard of Exterior Fabric,
- 1 yard of Lining Fabric,
- 1/2 yard of foam interfacing/flex-foam,
- 2 yards of 20” wide Pellon SF-101 Shape Flex fusible woven interfacing,
- 1-1/2 yard of Pellon #71 Peltex fusible ultra-firm interfacing,
- A 40” handbag zipper,
- A 9” all-purpose/dress zipper,
- A 14” all-purpose/dress zipper,
- A 14-1/2” by 5” piece of mesh,
- 1/2 yard of 1/4” wide elastic,
- 1 yard of 1” wide elastic,
- Plastic side-release/parachute buckle,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The Amethyst Project Bag pattern is available in both pdf and paper pattern format.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below
Click here for the pattern
More storage and organizers to sew
Want even more ideas for projects to sew for storage and organizers? We love to sew bags that help to keep things neat and tidy. Check out a few recent storage ideas to sew from our store.