All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Teardrop Sport is a sporty lightweight crossbody backpack / sling bag which is durable and most of all extremely comfortable to carry. It has been designed for guys but is equally handy for the girl on the go. The pdf downloadable pattern incorporates a new and more simple construction method, which means the Teardrop Sport is easy to assemble.
The exterior offers a large front zipper pocket for easy access to the essentials. A water bottle pocket along with a zipper pocket on the side for your phone, keys, cash, or other small items. More organization on the inside with 3 more slip pockets that can be divided as you wish to offer even more pockets for sorting your stuff.
The Teardrop Sport makes the perfect day bag for outings, hiking, day trips, cycling, the gym, weekend travel, or for hunters with a strap designed to provide all-day comfort and flexibility. And as a bonus, the Teardrop Sport comes in two different sizes – small and large. The small size measures 15″ tall by 8″ wide (at the bottom) by 5″ deep, while the large size measures 19″ tall by 10″ wide (at the bottom) and 6″ deep.
What you need to make the Teardrop Sport:-
- 600 Denier Weight Cordura, Rhino Canvas or medium weight canvas fabric for the main fabric,
- Cotton Ripstop or 3.5 oz Nylon Ripstop Fabric for the lining fabric,
- Fusible Pellon SF 101 or a woven shaping Interfacing,
- Fusible Fleece -TP971F-Pellon Fleece Thermolam Plus -Stabilizer,
- Spacer Mesh (Padded Air Mesh, 3D Mesh) –Utility Fabric,
- Strap Webbing,
- Elastic for the side pocket,
- Parachute (Quick release Buckle),
- One slider,
- Three zippers,
- Coordinating thread,
- Removable Fabric Marker (I recommend a Frixion gel pen as it can be removed by pressing with an iron),
- Sewing machine and basic sewing supplies.
Click here for the sewing pattern
This isn't quite what you are looking for? We have links to thousands of bag sewing patterns, tutorials, sewing videos and tips and lots more on our Pinterest account. Come and follow us, and save some of your favorites to your own boards for later.