All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is a really pretty purse with a scalloped edge along the top, a sturdy flat bottom and several options for the closure and the straps. And with this project, all types of fabrics can be used. We think you’ll enjoy the feminine style of this stunning purse.
The designer named her pattern the Syrena Tote Bag, which means enchanting or mermaid. She got the inspiration for the name from the gorgeous curvy tail shape at the top.
The Syrena Tote really is a gorgeous bag and it also has a roomy interior. If you want the flap can be changed for different locks, such as a magnetic snap, tuck lock or twist lock. There are also plenty of options for how you might want to add your handles. These examples here can give you some inspiration.
The designer describes her project as a pattern that an advanced beginner sewer could complete.
When you have finished making your very own Syrena Tote Bag it will measure approximately 28cm (11”) by 28cm (11”) by 12cm (4 1⁄2”).
What you will need to make the Syrena Tote Bag pattern:
- 0.5m (20”) of outer fabric,
- 0.5m (20”) of lining fabric, or 0.6m (24”) if using vinyl/cork etc for the exterior,
- 0.25m (10”) of accent fabric for the base and strap,
- 3m (3.25yd) of interfacing, based on sf101 being 51cm (20”) wide,
- Two pieces 43cm by 38cm (17” by15”) and one-piece 30cm by 26cm (12” by 10”) of foam,
- 25cm by 9.5cm (10” by 3.75”) of bag base stabiliser such as plastic canvas or similar,
- Four strap anchors (not edge connectors) or 8 medium rivets with four 2.5cm (1”) wide strap ends,
- Four Bag feet,
- One 18mm Magnetic Snap,
- 20cm (8”) No3 zipper (25cm (9.5″) if using zipper tape),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
This is an easy to follow pattern with detailed instructions and lots of pictures. If you would like this pattern for yourself then you should click on the button below. Measurements are in both inches and centimeters.
Click here to get the pattern
See all the patterns from this designer here
Find even more Tote Bag Sewing Patterns here
Do you want lots more tote bag sewing pattern ideas? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite tote bag sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.