Sunshine Wristlet FREE Sewing Pattern
This designer makes fabulous bag sewing patterns and as an added bonus sometimes she gives us a taster of her patterns by offering one for free. This is one of those times where the pattern is free and this one is named the Sunshine Wristlet.
The Sunshine Wristlet is the perfect evening bag but it’s equally at home as a design for your every day on the go needs. The designer has made two versions, one with a front wristlet strap so you slip your hand through and carry the bag as a clutch, and the other with a side wristlet strap to slip over your wrist so you can carry the bag hands-free. Each of the versions has an interior zipper pocket and an interior slip pocket.
This sewing project is ideal for a beginner sewer, someone who has basic sewing skills and who is familiar with sewing patterns.
When you have finished making the Sunshine Wristlet it will measure approximately 10¼” wide by 7¼” high.
What you will need to make the Sunshine Wristlet Pattern
- One fat quarter of quilting weight cotton for the exterior fabric
- 2/3 yard of quilting weight lining fabric
- 1/4 yard of contrasting fabric, woven or vinyl
- 1/4 yard of sew-in foam interfacing (Pellon flex-foam/soft and stable)
- 1-yard of fusible woven interfacing (Pellon SF-101 shape flex)
- One 6″ #3 all-purpose zipper for the interior zipper pocket
- One 10″ or bigger #5 all-purpose zipper for the main zipper closure
- One 3/4″ D-ring (only if doing the side wristlet version)
- One 3/4″ swivel clip (only if doing the side wristlet version)
- Coordinating thread
- Basic sewing supplies
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the free digital pattern for the Sunshine Wristlet then you should click on the link below. The pattern includes:
- Seventeen pages of easy step-by-step instructions with color photos to help you through each step.
- Printable pattern pieces with seam allowances included.
Click here for the free pattern
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.