Sierra Zip Top Handbag pattern
Swoon patterns are one of our favorite bag pattern designers and we thought we had highlighted all of her patterns on our site (find all the Swoon patterns here), however, we seem to have missed one or two new additions recently, including this stunning pattern, for the Sierra Zip Top Handbag.
It’s a winner that deserves to be in your bag pattern collection.
Making and owning one of these Sierra Zip Top Handbags means that you can carry your belongings in style with this large handbag.
Sierra has the following features:
- Two pockets.
- A long zipper for easy access.
- Handles and a long removable shoulder strap.
- The side straps hold the bag in its trendy shape.
We’ll let the photos do the talking on this one! You know you want it…
The designer says that any sewer who would like to make her Sierra Zip Top Handbag should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms. She rates this project as a difficulty level 3 out of 4.
When you have finished making the Sierra Zip Top Handbag it will measure approximately 13″ wide by 10″ tall by 6″ deep.
What you will need to make the Sierra Zip Top Handbag
- 5/8 yard of 44” wide quilting weight exterior fabric
- 2/3 yard of 44” wide woven or vinyl contrasting fabric
- 5/8 yard of 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric
- 3 yards of fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
- 1/3 yard of fusible fleece interfacing (Pellon Fleece 987F)
- 1/4 yard of fusible stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F)
- One 14” all-purpose zipper (Main Zipper)
- One 9” all-purpose zipper (Lining Pocket)
- Four 1” rectangle rings
- Two 1” swivel clips (Shoulder Strap)
- Two 1” D-rings (Shoulder Strap)
- Basic sewing supplies
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.