All posts may contain affiliate links.
If you are new to bag sewing, then you need to look no further for the right bag sewing pattern for you as a beginner. This fun angled crossbody bag is an easy sew and comes in two sizes, so you can make the one that’s perfect for what you need to carry.
The Sand Dollar Crossbody Bag is a stylish and unique crossbody bag for all ages. The two different sizes of the bag feature an adjustable crossbody strap attached to modern trim with D-rings. The small size is perfect for on the go without a wallet and a few necessities and the large size is roomy enough for a standard wallet and other items. The jauntily angled shape is perfect for a day at sea!
The designer rates her project as ideal for a beginner sewer.
When you have finished making a Sand Dollar Crossbody Bag it will measure approximately:-
- Large = 11 3/4″ wide by 12 1/2″ high by 3 3/4″ deep.
- Small = 9 1/4″ wide by 9 3/4″ high by 2 1/2″ deep.
The designer recommends for fabrics that you can use quilt weight cotton, canvas, denim, or linen for the exterior. For the lining quilt weight cotton is recommended. You could try using cork or vinyl for the Contrast D-ring Trim piece, or you can use quilt weight cotton, canvas, denim, or linen.
What you will need to make a Sand Dollar Crossbody Bag:-
- Measurements are approximate and don’t account for directional and/or fussy cutting,
- Large Bag – Exterior Fabric 2/3 yard, Lining Fabric 1/2 yard, Woven Interfacing 1.75 yards (20″wide), Pellon Thermolam Plus TP971F 1/3 yard,
- Small bag – Exterior Fabric 1/2 yard, Lining Fabric 1/3 yard, Woven Interfacing 1.25 yards (20″wide),
- Large bag hardware – 3/4” OR 5/8”, Two D-rings, Two swivel clips, One strap slider, Rivets optional,
- Large bag zipper – one #5 OR #4.5 11” zipper,
- Small bag hardware – 1/2” OR 5/8”, Two D-rings, Two swivel clips, One strap slider, Rivets optional,
- Small bag zipper – #5 OR #4.5 9” zipper,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern for this Sand Dollar Crossbody Bag (2 sizes) you can click on the light blue button below.
Click here to get the pattern
The designer, Needle & Anchor, has some other awesome bag sewing patterns which you can download by clicking on the red button below.
See all the patterns from this designer here
This one wasn't quite right for you? What about these instead?
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a sample selection you might like. Check them all out in our shop.