Here is a pdf sewing pattern for a handbag called Rose.
Rose is a beautiful bag that you can carry on your arm, over the shoulder or even convert to adjustable if you wish. You can dress Rose up or down depending on which fabric you choose to make her with, be it cotton, vinyl, leather or a combination of all.
Rose has the following features:
- An exterior pocket that can be closed with a thumb or magnetic closure.
- A zippered closure on top makes everything accessible yet secure.
- An Optional removable shoulder strap.
- Inside, there is a roomy zippered pocket that will hold all your prized possessions.
- Final approximate measurements of 12.25″ wide by 10.5″ high by 5″ deep.
What you will need to make the Rose Handbag
- 1/2 yard of quilting weight fabric for the exterior
- 3/4 yard of quilting weight fabric for the lining
- 1/2 yard of contrasting fabric, woven or vinyl/cork
- 1 yard of sew-in foam interfacing
- 3 yards of fusible woven interfacing
- 1/8 yards of fusible stiff stabilizer
- One 8″ (#3) all-purpose zipper for the interior pocket
- One 12″ (#5) all-purpose zipper for the main zipper closure
- Two 1″ D-rings – see our resources page for our recommended hardware suppliers
- Two 1″ swivel clips
- One tongue lock
- Fabric glue – we love Fabritac
- Coordinating thread
- Basic sewing supplies and a sewing machine.
Click here for the pdf pattern