Here is the Renegade Bowling Bag that can be completed by a confident beginner. This bag is a step up from your traditional tote bag, but it comes together in a decent amount of steps and requires no purse hardware. Because no hardware is involved then the Renegade Bowling Bag is a fast and easy sew. Use it to graduate up from a basic tote bag, or sew lots of them in a hurry for your next craft fair!
The finished bag measures 14″ long by 10 1/2″ tall by 3 1/2″ deep. It’s a great size to sling over your arm or it can be perched on your shoulder.
What you will need to make The Renegade Bowling Bag
- 1/2 yard of exterior fabric (3/4 yard may be needed for directional fabric or fussy-cutting)
- 1/2 yard of solid cotton fabric or cork/leather for straps and accents
- 3/4 yard of lining fabric
- 1/2 yard of foam interfacing (By Annie’s Soft and Stable, Pellon Flex Foam, Bosal In-R-Form, or automotive headliner; if using Flex Foam, it is only 20” wide so please purchase at least 1 yard)
- 2 yards of 20” wide Pellon SF-101 Shape Flex fusible woven interfacing (or medium-weight fusible interfacing)
- Optional: 1/8” yard of Pellon Peltex #71 fusible ultra firm interfacing (for a stiff bottom)
- 18” (46cm) zipper for top closure (either a handbag or #3 skirt/dress zipper)
- 9” (23cm) zipper
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
This pattern also has an online workshop available. The video for this pattern is available for purchase and is 1 hour 21 minutes long. As a taster for the video, you can view the trailer below.
Click here for the pattern