All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is the Posh Makeup Bag Trio sewing pattern. It’s a trio of nesting zipper pouches with curved tops. Check out the super-neat zipper ends, front and back. You’ll learn how to make yours look this perfect too! Now comes with an additional pattern for the diagonal sunset design too.
Introducing the UPDATED Posh Makeup Bag Trio! The pattern is updated and refreshed for this year to include the Sunset Posh Add-On (extra diagonal pattern pieces) and to include an additional large format (size A0) to be printed at a local print shop so you don’t have to tape pieces! The regular pattern pieces are still included to print at home.
This three-piece set features beautifully curved tops and they make the perfect gift set, as they nest. This set is very versatile and can be made from quilting cotton, vinyl, and cork fabric. The pattern is written for boxed bottoms but can also be made to be flat pouches. Add a wristlet strap and it makes the perfect date night bag!
The designer rates her sewing project as suitable for a confident beginner. You’ll need to know how to install zippers and sew a curve.
When you have finished making yourself a Posh Makeup Bag it will measure approximately:-
- Small = 7 3/4” wide by 7 1/4” high by 2” deep.
- Medium = 10 1/4” wide by 8” high by 3” deep.
- Large = 12 1/2” wide by 9” high by 4” deep.
What you will need to make a Posh Makeup Bag:–
- Small, Medium & Large sizes. Measurements are approximate and don’t account for directional and/or fussy cutting.
- Exterior Top: Small = 7” high by 10” wide. Medium = 8” high by 12” wide. Large = 9” high by 14” wide.
- Exterior Bottom: Small = 8” high by 10” wide. Medium = 9” high by 12″ wide. Large = 10” high by 14” wide.
- Lining: Small = 9” high by 10” wide. Medium = 11” high by 12” wide. Large = 13” high by 14” wide.
- Optional: Peltex / Stiff Stabilizer: Small = 2” high by 6” wide. Medium = 3” high by 8” wide. Large = 4” high by 9” wide.
- Fleece / Foam / Thermolam Plus: Small = 9” high by 10” wide. Medium = 11” high by 12” wide. Large = 13” high by 14” wide.
- #5 / #4.5 Zipper (optionally, you can use a #3 zipper): Small = 9”, Medium = 12”, Large = 14”.
- Basic sewing supplies.
- A sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern
And if you like this pattern, the designer has lots of other really nice bag sewing patterns which you can view by clicking on the red button below.
Click here for the Needle & Anchor patterns