All posts may contain affiliate links.
We really love this designer here at Sew Modern Bags. She makes really stylish and functional bags. The patterns are always well designed, well thought out, well tested and always give great results. Today we are sharing the laptop briefcase bag with you and know it will suit lots of you perfectly for work.
Introducing the Percival Laptop Briefcase Bag. This ultra-organized bag has enough space to fit your laptop, all your computing accessories, and everything else you need for work, school or travel.
The Percival includes a padded laptop computer pocket with a flap to keep your laptop secure inside the bag along with lots of custom pockets inside and out for everything else. Versatile carry options include two top handles and an adjustable shoulder strap.
The exterior of the Percival Laptop Briefcase Bag has the following options:
- Two large zipper pockets
- Smaller pockets inside the top zip pocket to keep your flash drives, hard drives, SDHC cards, passport, and other small items safe and secure
- Two back slip pockets provide easy access to your phone, e-reader, small tablet, plane tickets or any items you need in a hurry
- Fully zipped top to keep your items inside secure along with carry handles and an adjustable shoulder strap.
The interior of the Percival Laptop Briefcase Bag has the following options:
- A fully padded pocket for your laptop
- Two additional slip pockets, for smaller items and a large slip pocket for file folders, papers, a mouse pad or whatever else you need to carry
- Three gusseted pockets for your charger, mouse, and other cords
- Enough space in the center for an appointment book, small keyboard, magazines or other items you need while commuting to work or travelling.
The Percival Laptop Briefcase bag will fit a laptop up to 16” in width (approx. equal to a laptop with up to a 17” screen size) and measures 16” wide by 12” tall by 3 ½” deep.
What you will need to make the Percival Laptop Briefcase Bag
- 1 ¼ yards of 44” wide midweight Duck Cloth or Décor Weight Fabric for the main fabric
- 2 ¼ yards of 44” wide Quilting Cotton Lining Fabric
- 1 yard of Pellon 809 Decor Bond Interfacing
- 2 ¾ yards of Pellon SF 101 ShapeFlex interfacing
- 1 yard of 20” Pellon FF 77 Fusible Flex Foam -Stabilizer
- A piece of 17” by 22” -1/2” thick project (craft) foam, for the Laptop Pocket Padding
- A piece of 16” by 12”- 805 Wonder-Under paper-backed fusible web – to attach the ½” foam
- Six 1 ½” D-Rings, Two 1 ½” Hooks, One 1 ½” Slider and Three Magnetic Snaps
- 24” or longer #5 Coordinating Zipper for the Top Closure
- 12” or longer #5 Coordinating Zipper – Zipper #1
- 9” or longer #3 Coordinating Zipper – Zipper #2
- 16” or longer #5 Coordinating Zipper- Zipper #3
- Coordinating thread
- Microtex (Sharp) Needle 80/12 is recommended for topstitching through the thicker parts
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine.
Get the pattern here