All posts may contain affiliate links.
You can make this eye-catching bag from bright statement fabrics or tone it down to suit your taste. Whatever fabric you choose, you’re sure to love this classy handbag. It boasts a collapsible gusset, which expands out to full depth when you need some extra space, and the metal twist/turn-lock adds a nice professional finish.
This awesome bag is suitable for an intermediate sewer, and when finished the bag will measure approximately 11¾” by 9” by 2¾”.
What you will need to make the Notting Hill Bag:-
- 3/8 yard of quilting cotton for the main fabric,
- 5/8 yard of quilting cotton for the contrast fabric,
- 5/8 yard of quilting cotton for the lining fabric,
- 1 1/8 yard medium-weight woven fusible interfacing (try Pellon SF101),
- 7/8 yard heavy-weight sew-in interfacing (Vilene S13 or Pellon 50),
- Scraps of fusible fleece,
- Matching sewing thread,
- Two 1” metal D-rings – see the resources page for our recommended hardware suppliers,
- Two 1” metal swivel hook snaps,
- One metal twist/turn lock,
- Two 5/8” metal press snaps and fixing tool (or sew-on snaps),
- Air erasable fabric marker pen – we love the frixion pens,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern
This one wasn't quite right for you? What about these instead?
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a sample selection you might like. Check them all out in our shop.