Notting Hill Bag sewing pattern
July 20, 2018 | All bag patterns, Purses | No Comments|
All posts may contain affiliate links.
You can make this eye-catching bag from bright statement fabrics or tone it down to suit your taste. Whatever fabric you choose, you’re sure to love this classy handbag. It boasts a collapsible gusset, which expands out to full depth when you need some extra space, and the metal twist/turn-lock adds a nice professional finish.
This awesome bag is suitable for an intermediate sewer, and when finished the bag will measure approximately 11¾” by 9” by 2¾”.
What you will need to make the Notting Hill Bag:-
- 3/8 yard of quilting cotton for the main fabric,
- 5/8 yard of quilting cotton for the contrast fabric,
- 5/8 yard of quilting cotton for the lining fabric,
- 1 1/8 yard medium-weight woven fusible interfacing (try Pellon SF101),
- 7/8 yard heavy-weight sew-in interfacing (Vilene S13 or Pellon 50),
- Scraps of fusible fleece,
- Matching sewing thread,
- Two 1” metal D-rings – see the resources page for our recommended hardware suppliers,
- Two 1” metal swivel hook snaps,
- One metal twist/turn lock,
- Two 5/8” metal press snaps and fixing tool (or sew-on snaps),
- Air erasable fabric marker pen – we love the frixion pens,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.