Myra Shopping Tote Bag sewing pattern
This is the Myra Shopping Tote Bag pdf sewing pattern from the designer Bagstock Designs.
Myra is a super easy-to-sew shopping tote bag with a lot of room. It’s perfect for carrying while shopping, to a dance class, or to the beach. Busy mom, or have a busy job? This larger size tote purse is ideal for those busy days when you need to carry more than just the essentials.
1. Super easy construction.
2. Exterior hidden zippered pocket.
3. Interior zippered pocket.
4. Magnetic closure.
When you have finished making your very own Myra Shopping Tote Bag it will measure approximately 13″ wide at the bottom by 12″ high by 4.5″ deep.
To be able to make this lovely Tote Bag the designer says you must be at least a confident beginner sewer. You should have basic sewing skills and you should be familiar with sewing patterns.
What is needed to make a Myra Shopping Tote Bag:-
- 1/3 yard of exterior fabric,
- 3/4 yard of contrasting fabric,
- The designer recommends for the exterior and contrast fabrics that you use Décor weight, canvas, denim, waxed canvas, vinyl, cork,
- One yard of quilting weight lining fabric,
- Two yards of 45″ wide (5½ yards if using 20″) of fusible woven interfacing. The interfacing quantity is subject to vary depending upon your choice of interfacing for the exterior,
- Optional – 12 3/4″ (12.75″) by 4.5″ piece of fusible stiff stabilizer (Pellon peltex 71f / Decovil 1),
- One size 18 mm magnetic snap (main closure),
- One 14″ or longer #4.5 / #5 handbag zipper (exterior zipper),
- One 9″ or longer #3 all-purpose zipper (interior zipper pocket),
- Note – if you’re using a continuous zipper, cut the zipper 1.5″ to 2″ longer than required,
- Optional – six bag feet,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The pattern includes twenty-one pages of easy step-by-step instructions with color photos to help you through each step. The pattern also includes printable pattern pieces with seam allowances included.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.