All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is the Mini Sling Bag pdf sewing pattern from the designer Maker Margie Brown. She calls it her Andie Sling Bag.
In your bag, if you like to carry just the essentials then the Andie Sling Bag is ideal for you. The designer says that this bag is her go-to bag for walks, bike rides, running errands, etc. If you love the idea of a comfy sling bag to sew, but don’t need a large backpack-style one, and don’t need to carry everything including the kitchen sink – then this neat sling bag is the answer.
The Andie Sling Bag has some excellent features, here are some of them:
• Zip top closure for keeping contents secure,
• Sliding D-ring so you can switch shoulders without unhooking the strap,
• One exterior zippered pocket,
• One interior card size slip pocket,
• Adjustable crossbody strap.
For attaching the lining this bag uses the drop-in method, which means there is NO seam binding. This bag can be finished by hand or machine and instructions for both options are included.
When you have finished making an Andie Sling Bag of your own it will measure approximately 5¼” wide by 7¼” tall by 1¾” deep.
For this project, the designer says you need to be an advanced beginner/intermediate sewist. Some bag-making experience is recommended. It’s helpful to have experience installing zippers and to be able to sew around curves.
What’s needed to make an Andie Bag:
- Exterior fabric (44” wide): ¼ yard or one fat quarter,
- Lining fabric (44” wide): ¼ yard,
- Fusible woven interfacing (Pellon SF101 or similar – 20” wide): ⅜ yard,
- 1″ wide cotton webbing: 1¾ yards,
- One 12” handbag zipper (1¼” zipper tape width),
- One 8” handbag zipper (1¼ zipper tape width),
- One 1” wide D-Rings,
- One 1” wide rectangle strap slider,
- One 1” wide swivel hook,
- ¼” wide basting tape (Wonder Tape): 22 inches (recommended but not required if finishing the bag by machine.)
Check out our RESOURCES PAGE full of great recommendations and links for fabric stores and suppliers, interfacing and stabilizers, hardware resources, and zippers.
Other Notions + Tools: Fabric pen or chalk, ruler, thread, zipper foot, hand sewing needle.
So which fabrics should you use to make an Andie Bag? The designer recommends you use Canvas, Denim, or similar for the exterior (up to 9 oz.). And for the lining, you should use Quilting Weight Cotton.
When you add this awesome pattern to your collection you will receive two PDF files. One file has detailed, step-by-step instructions, while the other file has full-size pattern pieces that can be printed on letter or A4 size paper.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Even more crossbody bag sewing patterns you won't be able to resist
Want even more crossbody bag sewing patterns? These are the top best selling crossbody bag patterns in our store. Take a look at the category on our shop page for even more - 60+ more!