All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is a perfect project for a confident or improving beginner sewer who would like to make themselves a Mini Organizer Pocket Book. In some areas the term pocket book is used to describe what others might call a wallet or even a purse if you are in the UK. In this case, it’s more of a small organiser which has pockets for cards, a passport or small notebook, and a pen holder.
This lovely pretty Pocket Book tutorial will help you stay organized, in a quick, easy, and super-cute way. It has six pockets, a loop for a pen, and a very simple but expandable elastic closure.
When finished your Mini Organizer Pocket Book will measure approximately 4″ wide and 6.5″ tall when closed. That makes the largest pockets the perfect size for a checkbook or a small planner or diary. The medium pockets are passport-sized, and the small pockets ideal for credit cards, business cards, ID cards, etc.
What you will need to make the Mini Organizer Pocket Book:-
- The designer chose a vintage cotton canvas for the body and quilting weight cotton in a matching color for the interior. Denim, duck cloth, corduroy, or heavyweight upholstery fabric would also be appropriate for the body,
- Two layers of mid-weight interfacing on the body for stability. The designer likes to use Pellon brand craft-fuse, a non-woven fusible interfacing,
- A half yard of quilting cotton for the interior pockets,
- One button and a bit of elastic for the closure,
- A piece of ribbon for the pen. The designer says you could probably use elastic for the pen loop too, or even a strip of fabric,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
Want more wallet sewing pattern ideas?
If you love sewing wallets but this one isn't quite right for you, then don't worry, we have LOTS more wallet sewing patterns for you to choose from. Check out just a few from our selection here.