All posts may contain affiliate links.
One of the best and most popular bag designers brings you a FREE pdf pattern for a Clutch AND Wristlet bag called Marianne.
Marianne is an essential bag for a night out on the town – dress it up or go casual. The Large Clutch option features a turn-lock closure and removable hidden strap. The Mini Wristlet includes a wristlet strap and magnetic snap closure. A zippered pocket inside keeps the small things secure.
The approximate sizes of the finished bags are as follows:
- Large Clutch: 11″ by 6″ by 2.5″
- Small Wristlet: 8″ by 4″ by 2″
What you will need to make the Marianne Clutch & Wristlet:-
- 1/3 yard 44″ wide quilting cotton exterior fabric (1 fat quarter for Mini),
- 1/3 yard 44″ wide quilting cotton lining fabric (1 fat quarter for Mini),
- 15″ by 10” scrap contrasting fabric, woven or vinyl,
- 1/3 yard sew-in stiff stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 70),
- 1 1/2 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101) (1 yard for Mini),
- One small turn lock, less than 1″ tall (magnetic snap for Mini) – check out our resources page for recommended hardware suppliers,
- Two 3/4″ swivel clips (Large Clutch only),
- One 1/2″ O-ring or D-ring (Mini only),
- One 7″ all-purpose zipper (5″ for Mini),
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabri-tac) (optional),
- Coordinating thread,
- Basic sewing supplies and a sewing machine.
Click here for the FREE pdf download
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.