Mabel Vintage Handbag – FREE sewing pattern
Here’s a FREE pdf sewing pattern inspired by vintage box purses from the 1940s.
Mabel is an adorable little handbag. She is roomy enough to carry your everyday essentials while still looking sleek and retro-stylish. It’s also the perfect size for a lunch bag with fusible fleece basted or quilted to the lining pieces. Or Mabel can be used as a cosmetics bag by using laminated or nylon fabric as the lining.
In order to complete Mable as a sewer, you should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms. When you finish making your Mabel Vintage Handbag she will be approximately 9″ wide by 6″ tall by 3.5″ deep.
What you will need to make the Mabel Vintage Handbag:-
- 1/2 yd of 44″ wide quilting cotton fabric for the exterior
- 1/2 yard of 44″ wide quilting cotton fabric for the lining
- 2 yards of fusible Pellon Shape-flex SF101 interfacing
- 1-yard sew-in Pellon Peltex 70 stabilizer
- One magnetic snap or turn-lock
- Coordinating thread
- Erasable marking pen – we love the Frixion pens
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabri-tac)
- Basic sewing supplies and a sewing machine.
If you would like to download the FREE pattern you can click on the purple button below.
Click here for the FREE pattern
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.