All posts may contain affiliate links.
Most pattern designers spend a long time deliberating over their projects and this designer was no different. She came up with this well-considered and practical design for her Kindle Case and has kindly provided the tutorial and pattern 100% FREE.
This Kindle Case has padded covers which are semi-firm, while the Kindle itself is held inside on one side with elastic and the cover is held shut with more elastic. The construction of this cover is really simple, and once you follow through the tutorial and see how it all comes together, you would be easily able to adapt this simple pattern to fit any size of kindle, nook, tablet or phone.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
What you will need to make the Kindle Case:-
- One 8″ by 11.25″ piece of lightweight fusible interfacing,
- One 9.25″ by 12.25″ piece of outer fabric,
- Two 6.5″ by 9.25″ pieces of inner fabric,
- About 25″ total of 1/4″ wide elastic,
- For the inside padding:
- One 8″ by 11.25″ piece of extra firm non-fusible interfacing for the inside padding,
- Two 8″ by 11.25″ pieces of felt for the inside padding,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Click here for the FREE pattern
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.