Kalani back pack sewing pattern and step by step video tutorial
This has got to be one of the most classy and stylish small backpacks that we have ever seen here on Sew Modern Bags. The designer of The Kalani Backpack brings you a pattern that is a great project suitable for a confident beginner. This charming backpack can be made in lots of different kinds of material including leather, vinyl, suede, or any regular cotton fabric. You can download the sewing pattern by clicking on the link at the end of this post.
This medium-sized backpack with its very stylish look will make the ideal sized bag for your everyday use. The Kalani Backpack is both trendy and practical and with its big pocket, it means you can carry all sorts of things with room to spare.
When finished the Kalani Backpack measures 12″ wide by 13″ high by 3″ deep.
And as an added bonus one of our favorite YouTubers has produced a 1 hour 45 minutes step by step video showing you how to make the Kalani Backpack, which you will find just below.
What you will need to make the Kalani Backpack
- 44” wide heavyweight home decorator, quilting weight cotton, leather or artificial leather. One yard for the exterior fabric and one yard for the lining
- 1/4 yard for back straps, buckle holders, handle
- 1 yard of 44” wide heavyweight fusible interfacing
- One 21” Length, #5 close end metal zipper for the bag
- One 18” Length, #5 close end metal zipper for the front pocket
- One 10” all-purpose zipper for the lining pocket
- 3 1/2 yards of double folded lining bias tape – 3/8″ wide
- Two sets of 8mm double cap rivets for the leather buckle holder
- Two 3/4″ wide (inner diameter) buckles with center bar for the back strap
- Six set of 4.5mm metal eyelets (inside diameter)
- Coordinating thread
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine.