Goin’ Uptown Tote Bag Purse sewing pattern
Here’s the Goin’ Uptown Tote Bag which you can make if you download the PDF sewing pattern. The Goin’ Uptown Tote features lots and lots of zippers. It has an outer zipper pocket on both the front and back, giving you quick and easy access to frequently used items such as your mobile phone and keys. It also has a recessed zipper at the top of the bag to close and an inner zipper pocket also for added storage.
This bag will perfectly show off your favourite fabrics, and the added piping around the sides and top of the bag will make you the talk of the town!
You can also make this bag as a fantastic diaper/nappy bag holding all the necessities that you will need for your baby.
The Goin’ Uptown Tote Bag is suitable for an advanced beginner-intermediate sewer, with a finished size that is 15″ wide (at the base) by 11″ high by 4″ deep (at the base).
What you will need to make the Goin’ Uptown Tote Bag:-
- Quilting cotton fabric,
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing,
- Fusible fleece,
- Firm fusible stabilizer – check out our recommended suppliers for interfacing,
- Four rectangular rings – check out our recommended suppliers for hardware,
- Cotton cording or premade piping,
- Coordinating dress/all-purpose zippers,
- Coordinating open-end zipper,
- Fabric glue/wash away fabric tape (optional but helps) – we love Fabritac or Wonder Tape,
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including a heavy-duty needle,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The Goin’ Uptown Tote Bag PDF sewing pattern is courtesy of Andrie Patterns.
More Tote Bags to sew
Everyone needs (a lot) more than one tote bag. They are a staple pattern in every sewing pattern collection and so versatile and adaptable. Check out a few recent tote bag patterns to sew from our store.