Glam Girl Purse pattern
A classic curved clutch bag with darts, that converts to a wristlet bag with a hidden strap connector inside. Easy to sew and fat quarter friendly.
The ideal small clutch or wristlet bag for a night out. The Glam Girl Purse has a smooth curved shape and darts in the bottom to give it enough volume to carry all of your essentials without being bulky.
This Fat Quater Friendly and easy to sew clutch bag would be great for girlfriend gifts, make a matching set for bridesmaids, or simply to use to carry and store jewelry or cosmetics. The hidden strap connector nestles on the inside of the bag allowing you to snap on a strap to turn it easily from a clutch to a wristlet bag.
The Glam Girl Purse Pattern has the following features:
- Curvy and elegant and perfect for special occasions,
- Two different options for the perfect interior pockets, including a zipper pocket,
- Magnetic snap closure to keep everything safe.
When you have finished making yourself a Glam Girl Purse it will measure 10″ (25 cm) wide at the bottom, 8″ (20 cm) wide at the opening, 5.5″ (14 cm) tall and 2″ deep (5 cm).
What is needed to make a Glam Girl Purse:
- In total, half a yard/metre of quilting-cotton-weight fabric in 2 or 3 different prints, depending on whether you’d like the inner pockets and flap in accent fabric or in the main fabric,
- Approximately one fat quarter (45 cm by 55 cm) of light-to-medium-weight interfacing like Pellon SF101 Shape Flex or Vilene G700,
- 12″ by 20″ (50 cm by 30 cm) of fusible flex foam or 1/4 yard (minimum 35″ bolt width) of high-loft fusible fleece-like Vilene H640 or Pellon Fusible Thermolam Plus (23 cm by 90 cm) or other type of medium or heavyweight interfacing providing stability and body,
- One magnetic snap,
- One 1/2″ (13 mm) D-ring and a swivel clasp if you’re making a wristlet clutch,
- Four one-inch scraps of fusible fleece as a base for the magnetic snap and KAM snap,
- One 6″ (15 cm) or longer nylon coil zipper with a 1″ width of zipper TAPE (Zipper #3) for the optional zip pocket,
- One set of KAM snaps, 6″ (16 cm) by 4″ (11 cm) of fusible fleece for the optional large slip pocket,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
You can print on either A4 or letter-sized paper. The cutting dimensions for rectangular pieces are included as well as full-sized pattern pieces. The pattern includes 10 printable pattern piece pages, and 25 tutorial pages with full instructions, clear step-by-step photos, plus tips to help you get the best results.
See all the patterns by this designer here