All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Gabby Bag is a shoulder bag/purse which features exterior & interior zipper pockets, as well as an interior double slip pocket. It has a single shoulder strap that is approximately 34” long, but you can lengthen or shorten it to suit your own style.
If you’d like to add rivets to your bag, a placement diagram is shown on the last page of the instructions. The pattern includes colour digital drawings and full-size pattern pieces that include seam allowances for pattern pieces that are not simple rectangles. Cutting instructions are provided for you to use a rotary cutter, ruler and mat to cut rectangular pieces.
The Gabby Bag is 9″ wide by 7 1/2″ high by 2″ deep and would suit an intermediate sewer.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE GABBY:
- 1/2 yard of exterior fabric (quilting cotton, light canvas/duck, home décor cotton)
- 1/2 yard of exterior Accent fabric (quilting cotton, light canvas/duck, home décor cotton)
- 5/8 yard of lining fabric (quilting cotton or similar weight woven fabric)
- 1 5/8 yard of interfacing – light-medium weight fusible woven interfacing such as Pellon Shapeflex SF101
- 17″ x 24″ – Foam Stabilizer – By Annie’s Soft & Stable, automotive headliner, Bosal in-R-Form, or Pellon Flex Foam
- One 14″ zipper for Exterior Top Opening (#4.5 or #5 nylon bag zipper, 1 1/4″ wide, non-separating). You can use a longer zipper or #3 all-purpose zipper if preferred.
- One 9″ zipper for Exterior & Lining Zipper Pockets (#3 nylon all purpose zipper, 1″ wide, non-separating). You can use a zipper 7″ or longer. A 9″ zipper is easiest.
- One 1/4″ oval strap rings (Can substitute with Rectangular, D-rings or O-rings.)
The pattern for The Gabby Bag is courtesy of EmmalineBags.
Get the pattern here