All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Gabby Bag is a shoulder bag/purse which features exterior & interior zipper pockets, as well as an interior double slip pocket. It has a single shoulder strap that is approximately 34” long, but you can lengthen or shorten it to suit your own style.
If you’d like to add rivets to your bag, a placement diagram is shown on the last page of the instructions. The pattern includes colour digital drawings and full-size pattern pieces that include seam allowances for pattern pieces that are not simple rectangles. Cutting instructions are provided for you to use a rotary cutter, ruler and mat to cut rectangular pieces.
The Gabby Bag is 9″ wide by 7 1/2″ high by 2″ deep and would suit an intermediate sewer.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE GABBY:
- 1/2 yard of exterior fabric (quilting cotton, light canvas/duck, home décor cotton)
- 1/2 yard of exterior Accent fabric (quilting cotton, light canvas/duck, home décor cotton)
- 5/8 yard of lining fabric (quilting cotton or similar weight woven fabric)
- 1 5/8 yard of interfacing – light-medium weight fusible woven interfacing such as Pellon Shapeflex SF101
- 17″ x 24″ – Foam Stabilizer – By Annie’s Soft & Stable, automotive headliner, Bosal in-R-Form, or Pellon Flex Foam
- One 14″ zipper for Exterior Top Opening (#4.5 or #5 nylon bag zipper, 1 1/4″ wide, non-separating). You can use a longer zipper or #3 all-purpose zipper if preferred.
- One 9″ zipper for Exterior & Lining Zipper Pockets (#3 nylon all purpose zipper, 1″ wide, non-separating). You can use a zipper 7″ or longer. A 9″ zipper is easiest.
- One 1/4″ oval strap rings (Can substitute with Rectangular, D-rings or O-rings.)
The pattern for The Gabby Bag is courtesy of EmmalineBags.
Get the pattern here
More ideas for purses and handbags to sew
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.