Dorothy Day Tripper Bag sewing pattern
This is the Dorothy Day Tripper Bag pdf sewing pattern from the designer SWOON Sewing Patterns.
This is a vintage-inspired carry-all that includes a zipper, piping, and two large pocket panels (one large pocket on the outside and two small ones on the inside).
This is great for a short day or weekend trip, an airline carry-on, or just as a large purse.
This would also make a great kid’s overnight bag!
On her own difficulty level scale the designer rates this project as difficulty level 3 out of 4. She said you should be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
When you have finished making your very own Dorothy Day Tripper Bag it will measure:
- 15″ wide at bottom,
- 13″ wide at top,
- 9″ tall,
- 4″ deep.
What’s needed to make a Dorothy Day Tripper Bag:
You’ll need 1/2 a yard of additional fabric if you are making your own piping.
- 1 yard exterior fabric, quilting or home decor weight,
- 1 1/2 yards lining fabric, quilting weight,
- 4 yards 5/32” cotton cording or 2 packages of pre-made piping,
- 3 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101),
- 1/2 yard foam interfacing (Soft & Stable, headliner),
- 24″ all-purpose zipper,
- Coordinating thread,
- Fabric glue,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.