DIY Waist Belt Bag FREE sewing tutorial (with video)
This is the DIY Waist Belt Bag FREE sewing tutorial (with video) from the designer Sewing Times.
It’s an excellent belt bag that lets you carry lots of stuff safely and with free hands.
This Fanny Pack sewing pattern has a back zipper pocket and an adjustable belt strap.
It’s simple and easy to make, especially with the video tutorial to follow, so confident beginners can give it a try.
When you have made one of these Waist Belt Bags it will measure approximately 8″ (20 cm) wide by 5″ (12.5 cm) high by 1¼″ (3 cm) deep.
Sewing video tutorial for this waist bag/fanny pack
There’s a step-by-step written tutorial available, however, if you prefer you can watch the designer’s 18-minute YouTube video and create this Fanny Pack while sewing along with the designer.
What’s needed to make a DIY Waist Belt Bag:-
- The outer layer (quilting cotton),
- Contrast Color Fabric (quilting cotton),
- Lining (quilting cotton) including for the back pocket,
- Fusible fleece (It is similar to Pellon 987F ‘ or ‘Vilene H630’).
- Interfacing (Mid-weight woven – Pellon SF-101 Shape Flex’ or ‘Vilene G700’),
- Two zippers 8″ (20 cm),
- 1¼″ (3 cm) wide webbing strap 47½″ (120 cm) – Adjust the length of the bag strap to fit your body,
- 1¼″ (3 cm) wide triglides slide,
- 1¼″ (3 cm) wide side release buckle,
- 14 mm magnetic button,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
NO PRINTING REQUIRED! Please note there is no downloadable and printable pattern for this bag. You simply cut your rectangles of fabric according to the directions given in the video tutorial. Great for those who don’t have easy access to a printer at home.
If you would like to follow along with the written tutorial then you can click on the purple button below.
Click here for the FREE tutorial
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.