Della Wallet Clutch sew-along video
Swoon sewing patterns does it again with another winner. The Della Wallet Clutch is an ideal accessory – she’s easy to sew and practical enough to use daily. This wallet features eight credit card slots, two bill or check slots, and two zippered pockets large enough to zip your phone into one and your change in the other.
It has an interesting closure with a contrast strip across the front that has two magnetic snaps and little tabs that come out from the side to attach and keep everything together. What’s nice is that you can still open the zipper pockets on the top if you want and keep the rest closed. There’s an optional wrist strap too.
Sewing experience on this one is described as an advanced beginner to intermediate sewer, but as well as the top-notch written instructions you can count on with all Swoon patterns, this one also has an excellent step by step sewing video you can follow along with to make sure you get the very best results.
When you have finished making yourself a Della Wallet Clutch it will measure approximately 4″ tall by 7½” wide and ½” deep.
What you will need to make a Della Wallet Clutch:-
- One fat quarter of quilting weight exterior fabric,
- 1-yard of 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric (½ a yard if non-directional),
- ½ a yard of fusible stiff interfacing (Pellon Craftfuse 808 or Decor Bond 809),
- ½ a yard of fusible lightweight interfacing (Pellon Featherweight 911FF),
- 1/4 of a yard of fusible stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F),
- Two small magnetic snaps (14mm or 18mm),
- Two 9” all-purpose nylon coil zippers,
- One ½” D-ring or O-ring and one ½” swivel clip,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.