Convertible Reversible Bag (4 bags in 1) sewing pattern
A convertible bag that takes you from day to night. Out for the evening with a small clutch and suddenly you need more space? Unzip and convert to a full-size cross body bag in no time!
This little bag will take you from desk to dancing, traveling to touring, and everything in between! By being reversible and combining two bags into one, it can be converted into four different types of bags in two different colorways or styles. Carry it as a clutch bag, add a narrow strap for a shoulder bag, or unzip and expand and suddenly you have plenty of room and a crossbody bag.
The Convertible Reversible Bag is sure to be perfect for any outfit or occasion and is ideal for travel!
Both regular and laminated cottons work beautifully with this design.
The patterns also include instructions to make a removable liner to keep the inside of your bag clean and to make bag changes easy.
The designer rates her project as suitable for experience intermediate sewers.
When you have finished making a Convertible Reversible Bag it will measure approximately 9″ (23 cm) wide by 5 1/2″ (14 cm) to 11″ (28 cm) high by 2 1/2″ deep.
Fabrics and interfacing needed:–
- Bag 1 – Primary Fabric for the main exterior, and strap. Suggested fabrics: quilting cotton, laminated cotton, or very light-weight home decor.
- Bag 1 – Contrast Fabric for exterior accent. Suggested fabrics: quilting cotton, laminated cotton, or very light-weight home decor.
- Bag 2 – Primary Fabric for the main exterior, flap, and straps. Suggested fabrics: quilting cotton, laminated cotton, or very light-weight home decor.
- Bag 2 – Contrast Fabric for exterior accent and piping. Suggested fabrics: quilting cotton laminated cotton, or very light-weight home decor
- Medium-weight Interfacing: one-sided fusible. Suggested Interfacing: Pellon Shape Flex – SF101 (this makes a soft-sided bag; ideal for travel. A crisper interfacing like Pellon 808 can be used. The designer doesn’t suggest a crisper interfacing when using laminated cotton.
- Clear Vinyl for the removable liner. Purchase only if using non-laminated fabrics.
The pattern is made up of 21 pages in total. There are 14 pages of instructions with illustrations, and 5 pages of pattern sheets (to be taped together to make full-size pattern pieces). Note: Some pieces will be measured and cut. And the final 2 pages are for cutting labels (can be made into stickers by printing to 1″ by 2 5/8″ mailing labels).
The pattern includes easy-to-understand instructions and illustrations, and there are hyperlinks to online photo tutorials for many steps and bonus projects. There are imperial and metric measurements included.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
See all the patterns from this designer here