All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a fabulous set of fabric boxes/ baskets for you to keep everything organised and contained. This Contain It Set of fabric baskets is a quick and simple sewing pattern project for a beginner sewer, yet with great results for a pattern that you’ll want to sew again and again.
These excellent fabric box/baskets come in four different sizes – mini, small, medium and large. You can keep all your projects, books and odds & ends tidy and well-organized in these handy fabric containers. They are both roomy and sturdy with handles for easy transportation.
These containers can be made in home decor fabrics or some of the popular new canvas prints that are out there. If you wanted to use a pretty quilting cotton, the baskets would be softer but you could beef that up with your choice of interfacing.
Sizes of each box/basket
- Mini – 4.5″ wide by 3″ high by 2″ deep
- Small – 6″ wide by 6″ high by 6″ deep
- Medium – 9″ wide by 9″ high by 9″ deep
- Large – 14.5″ wide by 9″ high by 7.5″ deep.
Suggested Fabrics for the Contain It set of boxes/baskets
- Exterior – heavy cotton canvas, sturdy cotton/linen blends, and/or upholstery fabrics.
- Interior- cotton or poly blend canvas or twill
- Stabilizer – medium to heavyweight stabilizer (not iron-on).
Click here for the pattern
See all the patterns from this designer here
More storage and organizers to sew
Want even more ideas for projects to sew for storage and organizers? We love to sew bags that help to keep things neat and tidy. Check out a few recent storage ideas to sew from our store.