All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a classic crossbody bag sewing pattern with adjustable strap, smart piping details and an optional flap or magnetic snap closure, both options in the same pattern.
The Chloe Crossbody Bag is a great looking bag which instead of having a top zipper has a magnetic snap closure. That’s great for those of you who don’t enjoy installing zippers and makes this smart purse beginner-friendly. The slim, lightweight silhouette makes it an easy purse to carry and enables you to be hands-free.
This classic crossbody purse has the following great features:
- The main opening is 10″ across and has a magnetic snap closure.
- There is one large outside slip pocket which also has a magnetic snap closure.
- The interior is fully lined and includes four slip pockets to keep you organized.
- It has a fully adjustable purse strap for crossbody style or to carry as a shoulder bag.
- This bag has plenty of room for your wallet, sunglasses, phone, and more.
- There are instructions included for a flap closure or without.
- Optional piping help to define the classic shape
This shoulder bag can be bright and casual or smart and elegant depending on the fabrics used. Pick a pretty patterned quilting cotton, a smart dark blue denim, a neutral linen or a navy canvas. Different fabrics and designs will turn this classic pattern into a bag you can sew again and again.
When you have finished making yourself a Chloe Crossbody Bag it will measure approximately 10″ wide by 7 1/2″ high by 2″ deep. The outside purse pocket will measure 10″ wide by 5.5″ high.
Click here to get the pattern
See all the patterns for this designer here
More crossbody bag sewing patterns ->
Want to find more crossbody bags? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite crossbody bag patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
These are our most popular purse and handbag sewing patterns
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.